Skip to main content

Dirty Chai Daydreams

The title of this blog may seem a bit...nonsensical. Maybe even sketchy. But I can explain. If you've ever had a dirty chai latte, especially one from Saxby's then you know what I mean when I say it is the perfect warm drink for just about any situation. Spicy chai with a shot (or two) of espresso. Want a comforting cup of tea for the morning where you are cold to the tip of your toes and your soul? Need a major caffeine kick? A boost of sugar? A drink that tastes like Christmas and feels like a hug? And my goal is to one day make the perfect dirty chai at home. Because perfecting tea or espresso would be to simple, I have to tackle both.
And that is telling of how I view life. I tend to bite off more than I can chew. I dream big and then tend to never follow through, because I get in my own way. I psych myself out. In my quest for the perfect dirty chai do you want to know how many I have made? zero. zip. zilch. nada.
Because what if i make it and it is gross? I've read about the best chai spices, the best premade chai mixes and concentrates, and I've read about espresso, but I have made 0.00 cups of dirty chai.
But I am getting tired of daydreaming and waiting and making plans that don't come to anything. Along with my intentions to make a steaming and delightfully spicy caffeinated cup of happiness, I have always planned on getting "serious" about blogging and writing, though I am not sure how "serious" it will be. And thus this blog has been born. Born from my desire to cultivate my writing abilities, and give my thoughts somewhere to go. Born from being a mom of 2 and needing something to call my own on days when I don't even get a whole couch cushion to myself.
And because I am done with holding myself back out of fear.

Comments